Saturday, August 7, 2010

Day 6 - Pranav's Birthday

Got to Bhagyanagaram around 9pm is yesterday. To overcome the exhaustion from driving from orugallu to bhagyanagaram, getting lost on the way to my sis and bil's house and getting back on track, we still had in us to sit and have my favorite drink...Whiskey on the rocks (no i wasn't sitting on the rocks :) )! I procured a Maccallan 15 yr old at the duty free shop of the good old, new Philly international airport. I was eying the drink and pining for the drink for a long time before I got it to my BIL. Now it was beckoning me to open it and savor the fine oak taste of the single malt exposing it's rich colors and smooth taste that lingers in the back of the throat a wee bit before we are ready for the next sip. Oops...i think i got carried away a little bit with all the Whiskey talk...that was last night..on to today.

N was excited to meet his cousins Pranav and Malvika. Pranav has grown a lot since we've seen him last...and he is going to be another year older today...yes, today is Pranav's birthday and him and family had a blast. Him and his friends had a sleepover the previous night and since they woke up they were hooked on to the computer playing games (of course N was glued to them at the hip) till Pranav's Mom (my sis) yelled at them to brush their teeth and get something to drink. It was fun watching them!


Of course Malvika the little one had to show her antiques of the day. 
Choooo cute...
Swing swing swing me more Nana..
innocent eyes
aww...why do u want me give you the comb mommy!! why.look at my innocent face..
Every one of the kids was equally excited about the evening...birthday party of course! The house was decorated with colorful paper and balloons. N was excited about decorating the house and of course he was a little helper. Of course the big boys were busy with their games. Before we know evening came around and the festivities began. 

First stop of the eve was at Runway 9, a go-karting and and laser tag place. All the kids (excluding my BIL and myself :( ) went to play a game of laser tag. my BIL helped N with the game and big guns played their own game. To my surprise the game was quick...now time to vrooom vrooom....


All the time when N was playing laser tag  only one thing was going through his mind...when will he get on the go-kart and go vroooming...The go-karting line was not long but took some time to get to do it. While we were standing in the line we donated some blood to the little blood suckers...mosquitoes...and by no means little. All the kids (this time BIL and I too YAY!!!) got their chance to drive the gas (petrol) powered go-kards on the smoked filled runway racing tracks. Since these little machines were fast N had a "instructor", that's what they called them anyway, drive him the kart. He seemed to have fun and so did I.




After go-karting we headed home for the cake cutting and party. Pranav had a blast and after the cake cutting, his friends decided to give him some birthday bums. Reminded me of my younger days :)






After the bums and funny face making competition...it was time to fill our tummies with yummy food...poories and bhaji and other delicious food. Ended with everyone being tired except the kiddos. Fun filled day!! looking forward to Shiridi trip tomorrow...







 

No comments:

Post a Comment